Saturday, May 17, 2014

Flats and Handwashing Challenge Day 6 - Plans for Future Diapering

I am participating in Dirty Diaper Laundry's 4th Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge.  One week of using flat diapers and covers, with no washer or dryer.

We are almost done with the Flats and Handwashing Challenge and I really can't believe how quickly the week has gone by.  I have learned a lot and made a few mistakes.  Also my husband has used disposable diapers this week.  I have learned that while the Wonder Washer is pretty darn awesome when you take that lid off after the first rinse you might not want to have your face right by it.  There is a suction that tends to splash a bit of water when the lid comes off.  Yup.  Learned that the hard way.

I have a new found love for flat diapers.   They are beautifully simple.  I actually ordered some dye to spruce up my stash a bit after this week is over.  I also bought some PUL and am planning on making my own diaper covers as well.  Getting back to basics has really got me thinking about my future diapering plans and now that I have spent a week connecting with others who are crafty and resourceful I want to be the same.  I have cloth diapered 3 babies and have tried EVERY single diaper out there and I keep coming back to the simplicity of prefolds and flats.

Thing 1 Rocking a Bummis Cover and a prefold.

Thing 2 during the 2012 Flats Challenge

Thing 3 Brand New

So for now I think I am going to be sticking with flat diapers.  Thing 3 is my last baby so there is no reason for me to buy anything new (keep repeating that in your head Christine) and I think it would be a good challenge to myself to utilize what I have and to stop looking at the latest and greatest.  Simple is better for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment